UK

The UK Government first launched the high value investor visa scheme on 1 October 1994. As of 2004, investor applicants were required to hold at least £1 million in the UK and to invest £750,000 in UK Government bonds, stocks or corporate bonds. In addition, the applicant had to make the UK their main home. In 2008, the Government introduced the Points Based System. As from 6 Nov 2014, UK announced increase in tier 1 investor visa from £1 million to £2 million.

Country Information

  • POPULATION
  • 67,886,004
  • LANGUAGE
  • English
  • ECONOMY
  • Social Market & Market Oriented
  • CURRENCY
  • Pound Sterling
  • MIN. CAPITAL INVESTMENT
  • GBP 50,000
  • PROCESSING TIME (APPROX.)
  • 3 months

Tier 1
Investor Visa

Minimum Investment of ₤ 2 million, ₤ 5 million or ₤ 10 million.

Invest 75% in U.K. Government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading U.K. registered companies. The remaining 25% must be invested in the U.K. either by purchasing assets or depositing funds in a U.K. regulated financial institution. No English language requirements.

Representative of
Overseas Business Visa

No minimum investment

English language level A1

Offers temporary residence status that can lead to permanent residency and potentially citizenship.

Individual, spouse, and children under 18 at the time of the application

One must set up the ‘same type’ of business in UK and sponsor a senior executive to set up and run UK operations only

Innovator
Visa

Minimum investment ₤50,000

English language level B2

Innovative, viable and scalable business idea.

Includes investor, spouse and all children under the age of 18.

Be granted an endorsement letter from a Home Office approved endorsing body

BENEFITS

Key Advantages include:

Unrivaled financial business center (London).

One of the best free health care services in the world.

Superior standards of education, a broad network of state and private schools, and more than 150 universities and higher education institutions.

The travel mobility and security of a U.K. passport.

Get in touch to discuss with our experts.

Contact Us